For Procore Customers in the United States
When your company applies the 'Owners English' or 'Specialty Contractors English' point-of-view dictionary, you'll see different tool names and term changes in the user interface. Learn how to apply the dictionary options.
- To learn the differences: Show/Hide
This table shows the differences in tool names (bold) and terms across the point-of-view dictionaries for Project Financials. These dictionaries are available in US English only. The default dictionary is designed for general contractors, which means that you will need to work with your Procore Administrator at your company and your Procore point of contact to access the other dictionary options.
English (United States) - Default
English (Owner Terminology V2)
English (Speciality Contractor Terminology)
Progress Claiming Progress Claiming Progress Billings Owner-developer Funding Owner-developer Owner/Client Owner/Client HC/Client Head Contract Variation Funding Variation Client Contract Variation Head Contracts Funding Client Contracts Revenue Funding Revenue Subcontract Contract Subcontract Subcontractor Contractor Subcontractor Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV) Contractor Schedule of Values (CSOV) Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV)
To manually record any payments issued to the downstream collaborator on a commitment, use the 'Payments Issued' tab on the commitment.
Things to Consider
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
TipYou can also open a commitment from the Commitments tool. To do this, navigate to the Project level Commitments tool. In the Contracts tab, click the Number link.
- Click the Subcontractor tab.
- Locate the contract or progress claim for the new payment record.
- Choose from these options to open the commitment.
- Contract. Click the Contract link to open the commitment.
- Progress Claim #. Click the Progress Claim # link and then click the Contract # breadcrumb link.
- In the commitment, click the Payments Issued tab.
- Click Add Payment.
- In the Add Payment prompt, enter:
- Progress Claim. Select an existing progress claim from the drop-down that the issued payment is attached to.
- Payment #. Enter the related payment number for the issued payment.
- Payment Method. Select a payment method from the drop-down list: Check, Credit Card, and Electronic.
- Amount. Enter the amount of the payment.
- Date. Enter the issue date for the payment
- Progress Claim #. Enter the related progress claim number for the payment issued.
- Check #. Enter the related check number for the payment issued.
- Notes. Enter any additional notes regarding the issued payment for record purposes.
- Attachments. Attach any relevant files or documents.
- Click Add.