To upload a program file in the Procore web application using the project's Program tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Schedule tool.
- Additional Information:
- If you are uploading an updated project program using the same file that was previously uploaded to the project's Program tool in Procore, the information in the Program Variation Request History section of the Configure Settings will NOT be cleared.
- Project programs cannot be edited in Procore. They must always be updated in the third-party software application (e.g., Microsoft Project, Asta Powerproject, etc.) and then uploaded into Procore again.
- If you are using a file based schedule software like Microsoft Project or Asta, and have a Windows computer, Procore recommends that you update your schedule through Procore Drive. See Integrate a Microsoft Project Schedule using Procore Drive.
Note: Any file based scheduling software will work with Procore Drive!
- If you are using Primavera P6 and have a Windows computer, Procore recommends that you update your schedule through Procore Drive. See Integrate a Primavera P6 Schedule using Procore Drive.
Supported File Formats:
The file types listed below can be uploaded directly:
- MPP (Microsoft Project)
- MPX (Microsoft Project, SureTrak)
- XER (Primavera P6, Primavera Contractor)
- PP (Asta Powerproject, Asta Easyplan)
- XML (Formatted for Microsoft Project, e.g. Smartsheet, OpenProject)
- XML (Primavera PMXML)
- PPX (Phoenix Project Manager)
- FTP (FastTrack Program)
- POD (ProjectLibre)
- GAN (GanttProject)
- PEP (TurboProject)
- PRX (Primavera P3)
- STX (Primavera SureTrak)
- CDPX (ConceptDraw PROJECT)
- CDPZ (ConceptDraw PROJECT)
- SP (Synchro Scheduler)
- ZIP (Compressed file containing one of the supported file types listed above)
- Navigate to the project's Program tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Select Program Settings.
- Under the Upload Project Schedule Files area, choose from one of the following schedule upload methods:
File upload via Procore Drive (For assistance setting up Procore Drive see Procore Drive: Setup Guide)
File upload via web browser
File Upload Procore Documents"
Note: Click the link below to download the latest version of Procore Drive:
File Upload Via Procore Drive
- Launch Procore Drive on your computer.
- Log In Using your Procore Credentials.
- Select your company and project from the drop-down menus.
- Select the Schedule tab.
- Click Upload Schedule.
- Note: If the project scheduling preference is currently configured for a 'Primavera Integration', click the Schedule File Integration from the drop-down menu.
- Note: After the initial upload, and you subsequently proceed to update the schedule file you will do it through Procore Drive by clicking “Launch Schedule”, and that will open the schedule file in its native application (e.g. Microsoft Project, Phoenix or Asta Powerproject)
- Browse your local file system and select the appropriate Microsoft Project, Phoenix or Asta Powerproject file (*.mpp, *.pp, *.ppx, etc).
- Click Open.
- Verify that you can see your schedule and all of its data under your project’s Schedule tool.
- Note: After you upload your initial schedule, Procore will now manage that file and save that version in the Documents tool in a locked folder called “Schedules”. This folder is only accessible to Document tool Admins and serves the purpose of version control and an audit record. See Update the Procore Project Schedule via Procore Drive (Microsoft Project, Asta, Phoenix). See Update the Procore Project Schedule via Procore Drive (Primavera P6).
File Upload Via Web Browser
- Upload the file:
- Click the Choose File button.
- Navigate to the program file on your computer or network. Then click Open.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
Note: When the upload is complete, the 'Configure Program Successfully' banner appears.
- Verify that your program uploaded as expected.
Note: You can click the different option links in the 'View By' menu in the right pane, to change how your program information displays.
File Upload Via Procore Documents
- Select File Upload Via Procore Documents.
- In the Program Filename Pattern, enter the filename pattern you would like to have automatically uploaded to the Program tool. For example, if you prefix your program file with the date (e.g. 26-07-17_Construction Program.mpp), you can use the asterisk (*) symbol to denote that piece of the filename that will change. For example, you would enter*_Construction Program.mpp into the Program Filename Pattern field.
- Important! Enter the exact or partial name of your program file in the "Program Filename Pattern" field. For example, you would enter "Construction Program.mpp" into this field. Uploaded files into documents matching this exact filename pattern will be automatically updated into the Program tool.
- Tip! When multiple users are accessing the program file and you're making changes to the file from the Documents tool, it is recommended that you check out the file so the team members don't overwrite your program changes as you're uploading.