To create a subcontractor progress claim for the release of retention.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To create an invoice to release retainage before or after the billing period's 'Due Date' has passed, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool.
- To create an invoice to release retainage before the billing period's 'Due Date', 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool and you must be added to the purchase order or subcontract as an 'Invoice Contact.' This automatically adds your name to the 'Private' drop-down list.
- To modify the retainage amount to release on an invoice before the billing period's 'Due Date', 'Read Only' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool and you must be added to the purchase order or commitment as an 'Invoice Contact.' This automatically adds your name to the 'Private' drop-down list. Note: You do NOT have permissions to change the status of an invoice and you will only have access to use the 'Submit for Review' button in the invoice.
- User permissions are NOT managed in the project's Invoicing tool. Instead, the Invoicing tool is designed for users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Prime Contracts and/or Commitments tool.
- If you are a collaborator (for example, an invoice contact for a subcontracting company that is performing work for a general contractor managing your contract in Procore), your ability to perform invoice-related tasks is determined by the project team that controls these settings for your Procore user account:
- To learn more about permissions for specific tasks that can be performed with the Invoicing tool, see Permissions: Invoicing.
- Create a subcontractor invoice and save it as a 'Draft'.
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Click the Subcontractor tab.
- Locate the invoice that you want to update and click its link to open it.
- Under the Summary tab, verify that the information is updated.
- Click the Detail tab.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll to the Retainage columns in the table.
- Under the Retainage - Released this Period section, enter an amount to show the retainage being released this billing period.
- Under the Retainage - Currently Retained column, the system automatically updates the retainage amount that is being withheld.
- Optional. If the contractor will create a payment schedule once the invoice is approved, enter the amounts for the work you are claiming this period in the Subcontractor Claimed This Period column.
Note: In order for the 'Subcontractor Claimed This Period' column to appear, the payment schedule feature must be enabled in the Invoicing tool’s configuration settings. See Configure Settings: Invoicing.
- Click Save.
- Optional. If the invoice administrator requires you to include a signed copy of the PDF, complete the following steps:
- Choose Export > PDF.
- Sign the PDF.
How do you add a signature to a PDF? Depending on your specific business requirements, there are different options you can evaluate to determine the best option for you:
- Wet Signature. You can print out the exported PDF file and add a physical signature. Then use a scanner or camera to capture the signed document and add it to your invoice an attachment.
- Electronic Signature. You can add a digital or electronic signature to the invoice. There are a variety of third-party software vendors, such as DocuSign© and Adobe® Acrobat™, that provide signature capabilities for PDF files. After you sign the document, add it to your invoice as an attachment.
- Click the Summary tab.
- Click Edit.
- In the Attachments section, upload any required backup documentation, such as lien waivers and the signed export PDF.
- Choose from the following options:
- If you are ready to submit the invoice to the contractor, click Submit for Review. This changes the invoice status to Under Review.
- If you are NOT ready to submit the progress claim, click Save. This sets the progress claim status to Draft.
Note: Once you submit the progress claim to the contractor, you will no longer be able to edit it unless the contractor changes the status Revise & Resubmit.