To learn how to create an owner progress claim for work completed.
An Owner Progress Claim is an head contract progress claim, typically submitted by a Head Contractor (GC) or Construction Manager (CM) to an Owner to provide an itemized record of the amount due for work performed. In Procore, an owner progress claim is equivalent to an accounts receivable progress claim.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To create an progress claim, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Head Contracts tool.
- To view the Detail tab on an progress claim, 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Head Contracts tool with the 'View Owner Progress Claim Detail' granular permission enabled on your permission template.
Note: If you do NOT have 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Head Contracts tool and want to view some or all of the head contracts, see View a Head Contract.
- Additional Information:
- When you enter a value for an progress claim that is larger than the scheduled value, the progress claim will be highlighted in red.
- You can only edit the billed amounts on the most recent progress claim.
- To learn how amounts are automatically completed by Procore on owner progress claims, see How does Procore automatically fill in amounts on an owner progress claim?
- Navigate to the project's Head Contracts tool.
- Locate the head contract to work with. Then click its Number link.
- Click Create Progress Claim.
NoteIf an progress claim has already been created for the current billing period, click the Progress Claims tab. Then click the Edit button to open it.
- In the 'New Progress Claim (Progress Claim)' page, do the following:
- Commitment Billing Period
Select the current billing period from the drop-down list. If there is no billing period in this list, follow the steps in Create Automatic Billing Periods or Create Manual Billing Periods.
- Progress Claim #
Enter a unique, alphanumeric identification number for the progress claim. Procore automatically numbers progress claims in ascending numerical order, starting with one (1). The number entered in this field does NOT affect Procore's default progress claim numbering scheme.
- Period Start
Select a start date for the progress claim. Procore automatically populates this field with the current billing period's start date.
- Period End
Select an end date for the progress claim. Procore automatically populates this field with the current billing period's end date.
- Billing Date
Select the billing date for the progress claim.
Select a status for the owner progress claim. See What are the default statuses for Procore progress claims?
- Percent Complete
Shows the percentage of work completed.
A PDF of the progress claim and any related progress claim PDFs from the project's Direct Costs tool are combined into a single PDF and attached here.
- Commitment Billing Period
- Click Create.
You will be prompted to confirm that you want your new progress claim to pre-populate with the following information:
- Amounts on the 'Work Completed' and 'Materials Presently Stored' columns of 'Approved' and 'Pending Approval' subcontractor progress claims.
- Amounts for 'Progress Claims' created in the project's Direct Costs tool when the 'Received Date' on that direct cost falls within the billing period.
- Amounts from Commitment Variations (CCOs) that have amounts in Head Contract Variations (PCCOs).
- In the 'Do you want to pre-fill the Owner Progress Claim?' message, you have these options:
- Yes. Click this button to confirm that you want the progress claim to pre-populate the progress claim with the amounts billed from the fields listed in the message.
- No Thanks. If you want to manually complete the progress claim
- Cancel. Click this button to cancel progress claim creation.
- Scroll down the page to view a preview of the progress claim form under "Summary Preview." To learn how the 'Current Amount Due' amount is calculated, see How does Procore calculate the 'Current Payment Due' amount on an progress claim?
Edit Line Items
- Click the Detail tab.
NoteNote: Users with 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permission on the Head Contracts tool can only view the Detail tab only if the 'View Owner Progress Claim Detail' granular permission is enabled on their permission template.
- Click Edit.
- Enter data in these YELLOW boxes:
- Work Completed (This Period)
If you confirmed the option for Procore to automatically complete the owner progress claim's amounts (see How does Procore automatically complete amounts on an owner progress claim?), the values from the 'Work Completed (This Period)' column from any related subcontractor progress claims and any direct costs amounts are included in this column.
- Materials Presently Stored
If you confirmed the option for Procore to automatically complete the owner progress claim's amounts Progress Claim amounts (see How does Procore automatically complete amounts on an owner progress claim?), the values from the 'Materials Presently Stored' column in any related subcontractor progress claims are included in this column.
- Work Retention Retained this Period
Enter a percentage or dollar amount for work retention retained this period. You can also set retention on all line items by entering a value into the right sidebar and clicking Set.
- Materials Retention Retained this Period
Enter a percentage or dollar amount for materials retention retained this period. You can also set retention on all line items by entering a value into the right sidebar and clicking Set.
- Work Retention $ Released This Period
Enter a dollar amount of work retention released this period.
- Work Completed (This Period)
- Optional: If you have any 'Approved' contract variations, you can choose to add them to the progress claim by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Add to Progress Claim.
The entry and editing of the variations will always occur at the line item level of detail. You can select a different level of detail for how variations will be displayed on the detail page of the Progress Claim when being viewed or exported from Procore. See Edit the Advanced Settings Tab for a Head Contract.
Values on an progress claim are never copied to a project's variations.
- Click Save.
Your changes are reflected on the General tab under the Contract Summary Report section.